Everyone knows about the ultimate cleaning machine, pressure washers, by which you can clean anything without effort or too much time. If you are starting a pressure washer business, then it will be very good for you because you can earn handsome revenue. To successfully run the pressure washer business, you will need to have skills in maintaining the pressure washer.
The pressure washer pumps you use in the pressure washer business are no ordinary pumps and require a lot of water. A good pump has no use if you can not provide the optimum water. If you are setting up a mobile pressure washer platform, it is very important to have a water tank onboard because there might be situations where you can not get enough water supply for your pump.
In this article, we will discuss the procedure to run a pressure washer off a water tank properly and how you can maintain and fix it. So let’s get started.
Why Do You Need A Water Tank With A Pressure Washer?
The most powerful car in the world has no use if there is no fuel to run it. Similarly, a pressure washer requires a lot of water. If you are using a heavy-duty pressure washer, it is extremely important to have an adequate supply of water to ensure that everything works perfectly. Imagine running out of water in the middle of work, and now you have to wait until the supply comes back.
Depending on the faucet’s water supply is not good for heavy-duty pressure washers because insufficient water supply can cause them to overheat and ultimately break down.
How To Run A Pressure Washer Off A Water Tank?
Attaching the water tank to your pressure washer is not too complex, and you can do it easily if you have basic technical expertise. First, you will need a portable water tank that is enough to supply water to your pressure washer pump for adequate time. Make sure the water tank is big enough to hold the necessary amount of water and is suitable to mount on your vehicle.
If you use a high-power pressure washer, the water may run out easily. In this case, a portable tank can also be the solution that you can consider to ensure that your business goes without any interruption. The water tank should not be too far away from the pump. Before setting the water tank, make sure that the outlet of the tank directly faces the pump’s inlet so that you can easily connect the hose between them. The process of connecting the pressure washer to the water tank is quite easy, and there is nothing to worry about:
- Banjo fitting is the most common fitting that you will find on your water tank. However, you can change the fitting according to your preference.
- Connect the threaded pipe to the banjo fitting and the inline to the PVC pipes.
- Now connect the ball valve and barb connector to the hose and ensure they are fixed properly.
- Now connect the hose to the pressure washer inlet. Ensure all the connections are secure, and you will need clamps on the barb connector to avoid leaks.
Your pressure washer is now connected to the water tank.
Testing The Pressure Washer
After you have connected all the equipment, it is time to test them. Turn the ball valve so that water may run through the pressure washer. Squeeze the pressure washer trigger to get rid of accumulated air. Now while the water is running, check for any leakage in the connections you have made. If you find nothing suspicious, then you can start the pressure washer after you have started it. There are a few things you need to observe. Check for the leak and try to notice if there is any unnecessary pressure build-up. Also, make sure that the water is sufficient for the pump. Observe the flow pattern and make sure that it is without any errors. Now you are ready to use the pressure washer.
Things To Consider When Connecting The Pressure Washer With A Water Tank
You should consider a few things when connecting the pressure washer with the water tank. Otherwise, the equipment will be damaged, and your pump might get affected.
- Make sure that the water tank is higher as compared to the pressure washer. It is important to ensure a consistent water supply. Gravity plays an important role in water flow, and if your pressure washer is high, it will have to struggle to create pressure and can also take air if there is less water.
- Make sure that the outlet of the water tank is facing toward the inlet of the pressure washer. It is important to avoid twists and kinks in the hose that can cause the pressure to build up, and the pump might get damaged.
- If the pressure washer pump and the water are on the same platform, such as the same vehicle, it is very important to fit the water tank properly to the surface. The resonance due to the pressure washer can cause the water tank to vibrate, which can cause the joints and valves to loosen.
- Double-check that every connection is secure, and use the Teflon tape for connections.
- Ensure your water tank can supply the flow rate required by the pressure washer. Also, if you are mounting the water tank on a vehicle, then at least a 300-gallon water tank is necessary to supply water for 50 minutes for your 6 GPM pressure washer.
The pressure washer pumps you use in the pressure washer company are not ordinary pumps, which demand a significant amount of water. You’ll need a large portable water tank to give water to your pressure washer pump for an extended period. The water tank should be located close to the pump. Before installing the water tank, ensure that the exit directly faces the pump’s entrance so that the hose may be readily connected between them. Before using the pressure washer, thoroughly inspect it for leaks after attaching it.
- 10 Best Budget Pressure Washer 2023 – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide - December 7, 2022
- 10 Best Pressure Washer for Cars Wash Reviews  - December 6, 2022
- 10 Best Commercial Pressure Washer 2023 –Buyer’s Guide - December 5, 2022