Pressure washers are very useful to clean the large outdoor area, and if you are new to the use of a pressure washer and want to have the basic knowledge of their start procedure, we will thoroughly guide you. There are two types of pressure washers. The first is gas, and the second is an electric pressure washer. Both of them have their method and procedure to start and use. But the initial steps in both of them are the same.
Using the pressure washer is very easy if you properly use it. Otherwise, it is the potential hazard source because it has high-pressure water and electrical and fire hazards.
The Basic Steps of How To Start A Pressure Washer
If you have the gas-operated pressure washer or the electric pressure washer, the basic steps are the same.
- First, you have to check the water filter and make sure that there is no debris. Also, make sure that it fits properly and in the right place.
- Connect the washer to the hose and make everything secure and tight.
- Pick a suitable nozzle and install it properly.
- Turn the machine on and allow it to fill the hose.
- Make sure that everything is connected in the right spot properly and nothing is loose.
Gas Powered Pressure Washer
Gas-powered pressure washers are somewhat tricky to use, but you can do it easily and quickly if you use them regularly.
- Check the oil and gas tank in the pressure washer and refill them if you find them low.
- Vent the plug properly, so it works efficiently
- Connect the water hose to the pressure washer
- Turn the water supply “on”
- Turn on the engine by switching it to the “ON” position.
- Make sure that the fuel valve is set in the open position.
- Move choke to the open position (the Left side)
- Ensure that the gun assembly is still on the holder and pull the engine cord.
- Close the choke, and the pressure washer is ready to use
- Never use the gas-powered pressure washer in the enclosed spaces.
- Make sure that all the connections are perfect before using the pressure washer.
- Do not use the pressure washer around children and pets.
Electric Pressure Washer
Electric-powered pressure washers are much easier to use,just fewer risks are attached to them. Also, you do not have to take care of the oil and gas supply, and a single wire will do the job. To properly start and use the electric pressure washer, follow these guidelines.
- Attach the hose to the pressure washer in the proper place
- Place the high-pressure hose in the proper place and ensure it is connected properly.
- Turn the water supply ON
- Remove the air from the washer by releasing the spray wand trigger.
- Balance the pressure built up by placing the wand in the open position.
- Turn the pressure washer ON while still holding the trigger.
- Make sure that all the wires are well connected and well secured.
- Use the pressure with the safety slippers ON
- Do not use the pressure with the extension wire. If there is no other way, then use it with proper precaution.